Mike Montague interviews Dr. Benjamin Hardy on How to Succeed at Understanding Your Personality. In this episode:
- Best attitude, behavior, and technique on How to Succeed at Understanding Your Personality
- Personality changes over time
- Are personality tests valid?
- Although we’ve changed in the past, we tend to think we’ll remain the same in the future
- Why it’s important to know who you WANT to be
- Beware the Fundamental Attribution Error
- Your personality is not innate and unchangeable
- Predictors of your personality
- Your goals should shape your personality
- Why you should tell people your goals
- How personality tests can give you a fixed mindset
- Traumatic memories can stunt your growth – and how to change that
- Success is being who you planned to be
-Dr. Benjamin Hardy has a PhD in Organizational Psychology
-He’s the bestselling author of Willpower Doesn’t Work
-His website gets hundreds of thousands of views monthly
-From 2015-2018, he was the #1 writer in the world on Medium.com
-His blogs have been read by over 100 million people and are published everywhere
-He grew his email list to almost 400,000 in 3 years without using paid ads
-He and his wife adopted 3 kids from the foster system; a month later, his wife Lauren became pregnant with twins, giving birth to daughters - all within 2018.
He has a new, controversial, and mind-blowing book coming out: Personality Isn’t Permanent, (Portfolio; on sale 6/16/2020). This book:
- Debunks the most pervasive myths about personality
- Explains why personality tests like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram are non-scientific, harmful, and lead people to mediocrity
- Reveals how past traumas negatively shape personality, and how-to re-frame those traumas and change your memories and identity narrative
- And tons more…
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe. Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library.
Don't forget to subscribe and leave us a 5-star review in iTunes!